Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday in the South

Today is the opening Saturday of NCAA football. I know football is a favorite sport around the US but in the South, it takes on a whole different life. I am a born and raised Texan who grew up always having the NFL on throughout the house on Sunday so football was always something I watched. However, it wasn't until I met and married my husband did I experience college football. My husband  went to law school at Texas Tech so we root for the Texas Tech Red Raiders first, then we will root for the Texas A&M Aggies when they are not playing the Red Raiders as husband's middle brother and wife graduated there. But my ultimate favorite team to root for is.....
GEORGIA BULLDOGS!!!!!

Their mascot, UGA, totally had me at hello so tonight I have the Bulldogs game on as they play the Clemson Tigers. Oh, and I may or may not have a Georgia Bulldog item on my Amazon Christmas list. :) Go Dawgs!!!!

When the NBA and NCAA basketball season starts, I will be sure to share my favorites. All of my husband's family knows what team takes precedence during the NCAA basketball season. Love you Mimi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment