Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Polka Dot Greatness


Today was "Polka Dot" day at A's school. I am that geeky Mom that always tries to make sure my daughter is participating in the fun day themes or activities. Each week her school emails out the schedule of events and both my husband and I read it and try to reaffirm the things they are learning this week. For example, this week the theme is "All About Me" so they will learn things like what color eyes they have. We have been sure to ask A at least once every morning and evening what color eyes she has to help her remember. A couple of weeks ago they learned about cowboys and what cowboys say (answer: Yeehaw!) and now whenever A is asked what cowboys say, she proudly answers Yeehaw! Not that I am biased or anything, but I think my Polka Dot Princess is too adorable and the little stance she has too!

On another note, if you see the title of this post, you will see it says "Polka Dot Greatness". We already discussed the Polka Dot so now it is time to discuss the Greatness. I love to read but I have been dragging my feet on totally switching over to eBooks versus real paperback or hardback. For me, there is just something about holding the actual book but I am trying to change. I am trying to learn and adopt a more simple way of living, which means less clutter, less stuff. I will address my ultimate goal of that in my next post but I digress. Last night I downloaded the sample of Seven Men: And The Secret of Their Greatness by Eric Metaxas. The synopsis sounded very intriguing and I have decided to branch out of my favorite genre and try different books. I really enjoyed the sample. It was very easy to read and very fluid. I am looking forward to downloading the rest of the novel and learning more about the 7 great men discussed within. I will let you know what I think of the book in its entirety when I finish. What things are you reading or would like to read? 

No comments:

Post a Comment